I promised myself that 2017 was gonna be the year where "I do me". I turn 30 in January and when I do turn 30 I'm gonna be in the best shape ever. The background to this is that I've been considered overweight (according to BMI ) for too many years. I gained some weight when I fell in love (+12kgs 26,4lbs), a lot of weight when I became pregnant with my now 5 year old daughter (+24kgs 52,9lbs) and didn't loose all the weight (-11kgs 24,2lbs) before I got pregnant with my now 2,5 year old son (+22kgs 48,5lbs).
After I had my son in 2014 I joined Weight-Watchers and lost all of the weight from both pregnancies. In august 2015 we went on a vacation to Greece and after that vacation I couldn't find the motivation to keep it up. But I still wanted to loose the "love-kgs". So that's what I'm doing now.
Since January this year I've been eating better, counting calories (and keeping track of my macros) and working out, mostly resistance. The scale hasn't moved but I can feel a difference. My clothes fit much better, which is definitely a win. But this isn't enough for me. I want to slim down. For January-March I've been doing BBG at home and eating around 1800cal/day. And since that isn't cutting it, I've switched it up.
This is what I'm doing now, since last week:
- I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day, which comes from healthy foods so that I don't walk around being hungry. During the weekends I expect that there'll probably be a day with a calorie intake of around 1800 calories.
- I do intermittent fasting 16:8. Which means that I fast 16h and have a "eating-window" of 8h. In my case I eat breakfast at 10 a.m., lunch at around 1 p.m. and dinner at 5 p.m. If I'm hungry in between I'll have a fruit or drink some water.
- I drink at least 2L (67oz) of water or sugarfree juice/soft drink (can't find the english word for what I'm looking for) per day.
- I focus on cardio and try to do either HIIT (15min) or a powerwalk (60min) on my treadmill at home six days per week. I also try to go to the gym two times per week. Last week I did, but this week it'll only be one time.
- I'm a working mom so even though I don't plan resting days, I expect that there will always be one per week.
The result from my first week doing this is in, and even though we had a birthday weekend with both icecream and cake I ended up losing -1,2kg (2,6lbs).
To help me keep track of everything I use the apps Lifesum and Viktkoll. Instagram is also a really good forum for inspiration.
Before - After - Before - After